Our favorite spots around town!
These are the must-go places I will always recommend to a traveler!
~~Best Happy Hours~~
- Lazy Days South- only at the bar outside, starts at 3, get there early
- Keys Fisheries- at the bar upstairs
- Sunset Grille- Food is so/so but great ambiance and drink specials!
- Lighthouse Grill- not very authentic keys, but the atmosphere is more on the high end of things if that's your scene
- Castaway's- has a great sushi happy hour if regular priced menu is too rich for your blood
- Half Shell Raw Bar (Key West)- Happy hour oysters and shellfish. One of my favorites.
- Conch Republic Seafood Co (Key West)- 2 for 1s everything. One of my favorites.
- The Boathouse (Key West)
- Dante's (Key West) - Munchies galore, big giant pool. Great for a rowdy Sunday Funday if you're up for it
- The Hurricane- great live music, starts about 8pm, walking distance
- The Brass Monkey- Late late night
- Havana Jack's - Great views of the ocean
- Florida Keys Brewing Company (Islamorada)- amazing craft brews with a very funky atmosphere
- The Green Parrot (Key West) - amazing late night music scene for the funky at heart
- The Garden of Eden (Key West) - great for club-type dancing, don't be surprised if you see naked people as it gets late
- Keys Fisheries- personal favorite is the cajun fried hogfish sandwich. It's BIG too.
- Brutus Seafood- anything on the menu with a side of black bean salad
- Castaway's- kind of a splurge, but absolutely worth it
- Burdine's- best burgers basically anywhere in the world
- Butterfly Cafe- fancy-pants meal for ocassions
- The Stuffed Pig- sit at the back tiki hut
- The Wooden Spoon- this is more of a down-home greasy spoon joint, but it is absolutely delicious, as are their biscuits
- Castaway's- I haven't personally been to their breakfast, but word around the island says it's amazing. If you go, let me know!
~~Things to do with Kids~~
- The Turtle Hospital
- Aquarium Encounters
- Dolphin Research Center
- "Do it all" Sunset Sports (Key West)
- Sombrero Beach
- Bahia Honda
- Ft. Zach Taylor (Key West) - The shadiest beach you'll find in the Keys
- The Ernest Hemingway House
- Mel Fisher Museum
- Historic Key West Seaport
- Conch Train
- Shipwreck Museum
~~Snorkel, Dive, & Fishing~~
- Starfish Snorkel
- Spirit Snorkel
- Captain Hook's Dive Center
- Sea Dog Charters- good for family friendly/beginner. Plenty of instruction and action. Shared charter with strangers but good if you don't want to pay private charter costs
- Marathon Lady- the only headboat in Marathon, consistent action, inexpensive, little kid friendly.
- Kevin Johnsen- Family fun/Patch Reef Yellowtail/Porgy/Cruise/Spearfish/combo private charter trips www.FloridaKeysReelAdventures.com
- Catchalottafish Charters- amazing for full day/deep and blue water. Not for inexperienced anglers, amazing opportunity if you are though. Book early. https://catchalottafish.com/