Our favorite spots around town!
These are the must-go places I will always recommend to a traveler!
~~Best Happy Hours~~
- Lazy Days South- only at the bar outside, starts at 3, get there early
- Keys Fisheries- at the bar upstairs, get a free shot at sunset! Adults only, beautiful place to watch the sunset.
- Sunset Grille- Food is so/so but great ambiance and drink specials!
- Lighthouse Grill- not very authentic keys, but the atmosphere is more on the high end of things if that's your scene
- Sparky's Landing- I haven't been personally, but this place has a cult following, and I'm going to assume that's for good reason.
- Castaway's- has a great sushi happy hour if regular priced menu is too rich for your blood. If you're in for a splurge, the standard menu is fantastic though.
- Half Shell Raw Bar (Key West)- Happy hour oysters and shellfish. One of my favorites.
- Conch Republic Seafood Co (Key West)- 2 for 1s wells/beers. Great for oiling the wheels before walking around. One of my favorites.
- The Boathouse (Key West)- Delicious Happy Hour food, Like amazing, but it's only at the bar and it fills up fast. Starts at 4 (I think)
- Dante's (Key West) - Bar munchies galore, big giant pool. Great HH drink specials, food is nothing special but it's a fun vibe. Great for a rowdy Sunday Funday if you're up for it
- The Hurricane- great live music, starts about 8pm, walking distance, dive bar
- Overseas- Local's joint, new bar but very dive bar vibe
- The Brass Monkey- Late late night. Don't go there sober. Just don't.
- Havana Jack's - Great views of the ocean, a little more upscale than the dive bars around the center of the city. You'll actually get your drinks in a glass instead of plastic.
- Florida Keys Brewing Company (Islamorada)- amazing craft brews with a very funky atmosphere and amazing art
- The Green Parrot (Key West) - amazing late night music scene for the funky at heart. Try to make a show if you're sans kids. (Personal fave).
- The Garden of Eden (Key West) - great for club-type dancing, don't be surprised if you see naked people as it gets late.
- Keys Fisheries- personal favorite is the cajun fried hogfish sandwich. It's BIG too.
- Brutus Seafood- anything on the menu with a side of black bean salad
- Castaway's- kind of a splurge, but absolutely worth it
- Burdine's- best burgers basically anywhere in the world
- Butterfly Cafe- fancy-pants meal for ocassions
- The Stuffed Pig- sit at the back tiki hut, the Bloody Mary's are absolutely massive
- The Wooden Spoon- this is more of a down-home greasy spoon joint, but it is absolutely delicious, as are their biscuits
- Marathon Bagel- Quick Local's joint for breakfast. Delicious, fresh bagels and sandwiches.
- Castaway's- I haven't personally been to their breakfast, but word around the island says it's amazing. If you go, let me know!
- Blue Heaven (Key West)- ya'll, if there is one place you go to eat in Key West it must be Blue Heaven. They're known for their breakfast, but everything is great, and their Key Lime Pie is to die for!